cool background.

Friday, May 15, 2009

a sentimental and not very well worded post from jessie

SO....

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that from now on, I will be updating my blog weekly. I am going to transition my blogging habits from assignment-status to healthy-fulfilling-habit status. ( :
Today is a friday, and I am contemplating the weekend ahead. It should be full and exciting and busy. I'm going to have to remember to put my homework first. By which I mean Actually and Honestly put it first, so I will enjoy having fun without feeling guilty. That's the plan, anyway. I have a spanish test on monday, which means that following this plan may in fact be very important to me.
Yesterday I was introduced to Miss Saigon and Les Miserables, courtesy wikipedia and youtube. In light of my newly acquired culture, and also because I have a friend who has been playing the guitar a lot lately, I have been contemplating the beauty of when someone is really good at something they love. I think my zen parents would call the genius I am admiring the result of 'flow.' I want another word, though, for my intense reaction to observing said flow. Maybe that feeling of inspiration comes from watching human potential. Maybe it's a survival/mating instinct that draws me to ally myself with someone that is strong and skilled. Maybe, when watching beauty makes feel beautiful inside. ( :


-jessie

No comments: