cool background.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A good song, or, Give me this Mountain

He Said Love, by Barclay James Harvest. Listen to it! 
Well, friends, here I am, a day and half into finals week, preparing to take my geology final at 3:00 p.m., and coming to face to face with my most debilitating weaknesses. (Namely, spinning my wheels, staying up way too late, nervous eating, feeling sorry for myself about boys, angsting about the universe, etc. Good thing I don't back down easy. And good thing I'm going to see Brad at 11:00. And I have Karate tonight (it's very therapeutic to hit things). Good thing my family loves me no matter what my grades are.
And good thing I can totally do this. I have a week in which to not worry about anything except for loving other people and rocking these finals hardcore. Both of which (with a little help) I am eminently capable of doing. So, as Brad would say, here's to the "Scarlett O'Hara complex"; I'll worry about that tomorrow.
Today, I am present. And I am not afraid.

Good luck to all of you (not that anyone reads this, haha ( :  ) in whatever you may face this week. Give me this mountain!

Jessie

No comments: